We have available puppies ready to go home the end of October
Our Guardian Home program is really an extension of our family. And when it comes to raising great dogs, it truly does take a village. If you feel that you could provide a safe and healthy environment for one of our amazing breeding dogs, please contact us for more info. Our GH program is mutually beneficial.
-Pictures courtesy of our wonderful guardian homes
In an effort to grow our Labradoodle family without turning our home into a kennel atmosphere, and to ensure all of our breeding dogs live a pampered life in their forever home, we have implemented a Guardian Home Program!
The guardian home dog is part of the guardian home’s family, while the breeding rights are retained by Labradoodle Story Tails for a set amount of time (3 litters). Once the guardian dog has completed her breeding career, she will be spayed at breeders expense, and will remain a forever pet of the Guardian Family and they may be compensated for completing the program if 4 litters are completed, for 3 litters there is no compensation, but you still get a fabulous free pet.
Guardian families will be under a legal contract with LST until their guardian dogs breeding career is complete. Guardian homes will undergo an interview and screening before chosen.
Guardian home families are responsible for the general routine veterinary care and wellness of the guardian dog placed with them. This means feeding a high quality dog food (approved by breeder, we are currently feeding Avoderm and Origen Puppy), basic grooming (non-professional is fine), flea/tick prevention when needed (with Wondercide only), socialization (especially during that 'critical socialization period'), regular exercise, a healthy environment to live in with minimal use of pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers or other chemical compounds (we recommend using natural alternatives such as Wondercide yard spray for pests and a mixture of salt water/vinegar for weeds), but most importantly, we want our guardian home dogs to be able to get all the love and attention they deserve.
Any “breeding related” medical costs for the guardian dog are the expense of LST.
- Experienced Dog Owner
- Own your own home.
- In good health and maintains an active lifestyle.
- Must have very secure physical fencing to provide a safe and secure environment for the guardian dog.
- All dogs and pups placed in guardian families must be indoor dogs, and never be left outside unattended for long periods of time.
- Guardian families must have reliable transportation, and a willingness to bring the guardian dog to breeder when needed, and make certain that the dog is available for breeding purposes.
- Maintain open lines of communication with breeder concerning any and all matters concerning the guardian dog.
- Must alert breeder of any changes in dog including but not limited to: coming into heat, any injuries, any changes in health, etc...
- Keep the Dog properly groomed on the shorter side when its time to breed, with care given to matting, ears and nails.
- Does not and will not work full time in the future OR has a very flexible schedule OR works from home
Please email us for our contract and list of complete requirements
If you are relatively local to us and feel that you will make an excellent guardian home, we want to hear from you! Thank you for your interest in our guardian program!